Monday, May 24, 2010

The BLACK Report: A Romantic Invasion

Words by Corey Black
Being a spoken word artist in St. Louis, there is a vast assortment of open mics to partake in. I try my best not to over saturate myself and indulge too much, just so I don't wear out a good thing. Last night SoulStage invaded Shop Poetry at The Label, but that wasn't the only invasion that occurred that evening. Sitting on the patio underneath a moon lit sky, I realized that love had taken over. The love of art. The love of music. The love of romance. The ambiance was surreal. From the red lamps that anchored the bar area, to the faint breeze that danced across the canopy of the gazebo. Everything just felt right. In a secluded corner of the deck, I realized the importance of romance in a relationship, and how it should constantly play its role. Who knew a humid night in Downtown St. Louis could be so sultry?

Photo by B & B Digital Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment