Sunday, June 6, 2010

The BLACK Report: Teresa Jenee: Live @ Lola

Words by Corey Black
My first memory of hearing Teresa Jenee sing was when I was in the 2nd grade. She sang Bette Midler's "The Wind Beneath My Wings" at the school talent show. I can still remember the white dress she wore and the three fluffy ponytails in her hair. Fast forward some twenty plus years, and I am still hearing her voice. I am still remembering her outfits. I am still remember her hair. Her voice gets stronger and her presence more memorable every time she steps on stage. With this growth, more and more doors are opening up for this North St. Louis native. She was nominated for two 2010 Riverfront Times Awards (click here to vote) and at her performance at the RFT Music Showcase at Lola, it was evident why she was considered as a nominee. I can show you better than I can tell you.


Video courtesy of Corey Black

coreyblack82.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment